Standards. They work. -RTC
A primary goal of the RealToughCandy community is to be inclusive to the largest number of contributors. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and religion (or lack thereof).
This code of conduct outlines our expectations for all those who participate in our community, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior.
We invite all those who participate in the RealToughCandy community to help us create safe and positive experiences for everyone.
- Open Source Citizenship
A supplemental goal of this Code of Conduct is to increase open source citizenship by encouraging participants to recognize and strengthen the relationships between our actions and their effects on the tech community.
If you see someone who is making an extra effort to ensure our community is welcoming, friendly, and encourages all participants to contribute to the fullest extent, we want to know!
- Expected Behavior
The following behaviors are expected and requested of all community members:
- Participate in an authentic and active way. In doing so, you contribute to the health and longevity of this community.
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- Attempt collaboration before conflict.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert community leaders if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violation of this Code of Conduct.
- Analysis and constructive criticism of design and code found on the web is encouraged. When dissecting others’ work, offer suggestions for making it better and highlight the good parts. We’re here to learn and grow.
- Unacceptable Behavior
The following behaviors are considered harassment and are unacceptable within the RealToughCandy community:
- Violence, threats of violence or violent language directed against another person.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
- Posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material.
- Posting or threatening to post other people’s personally identifying information (“doxing”).
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability.
- Unwelcome sexual attention. This includes, sexualized comments or jokes.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following (online or in person).
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
- Sustained disruption of community events, including talks and presentations.
- Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior from any community member will not be tolerated.
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
If a community member engages in unacceptable behavior, the community organizers will take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including a temporary ban or permanent expulsion from the community without warning.
- Reporting Guidelines
If you are subject to or witness unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify a community organizer as soon as possible.
Candy – firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael – email@example.com (Gitter chatroom moderator)